- Register. You are registered if you have chosen a unique user name. The link to register is in the upper right corner of the home page.
- Complete 10 games. You can see how many games you have finished under the 'stats' link in the upper right corner of the home page.
- Look for the purple 'ranked' table in the 'list of tables'. The link to that is in the lower left corner of the home page. Choose a seat at a ranked table, and wait for the game to get started.
- You can also get to ranked tables by clicking the Menu button for your game, and clicking the "Play Ranked" link (see screenshot below).
- Once you've played at a ranked table, you will get an Elo rating.
Spades leader board
Hearts leader board
Euchre leader board
The Elo rating for Hearts is computed with a winner-take-all formula. The Elo ratings for Spades and Euchre are computed independently for each team member, but the win is awarded to two players for each table, since there are two players on each team.
Ranked tables are designed for more serious and committed players. If you leave the table for any reason, you will get penalized with a loss, and you will not be allowed to play at ranked games for 2 hours. This is meant to discourage people from quitting such games, a behavior which is widely disliked.
There's one exception: if you get disconnected from your ranked game, but you are able to return within 2 minutes, you will be reconnected to the game and will not immediately take a loss.
Currently, only Hearts, Spades, and Euchre tables are ranked... Follow the same instructions listed above for Spades and Euchre.
|ranked tables can be accessed via the "Menu" button, or....|
|list of tables shows ranked tables in purple|